Job#180111EI – Automation Field Service Engineer – Sawmill Equipment – Canada
Industry: Sawmill Equipment
Wage: $100k+/year depending on experience
Education Required: Diploma in electrical technology, ASTT, or equivalent trade experience in control systems and software preferred.
Years Experience Required: Minimum of 5 years of experience in an industrial equipment environment working with sawmill processing machinery.
Apply: If you are interested in this job and have the required skills, please submit your resume in MS Word
As a key member of the Technical Operations group, the Automation Service Engineer will play a key role and have direct impact on our customer’s success and overall satisfaction with the company’s systems. You will develop long term relationships with our customers maximizing the utilization of our equipment from the commissioning phase to end of life.
- Responsible for PLC programming, troubleshooting control systems, startup and preventative maintenance of sawmill processing equipment including troubleshooting, optimizing and tune up of systems.
- Provides operator training on equipment.
- Conducts system performance tests and experiments by measuring process variables.
- Provides feedback into process and controls design optimization.
- Provide effective bi-directional knowledge transfer between the Customer and the company.
- Provides thorough reporting on each customer trip.
- Utilizes appropriate internal resources to address our customers support needs.
- Responsible for all related administration pertaining to customer calls, including the timely completion of service reports, expense reports and weekly time reports.
- Observe, record and interpret plant and equipment operational and maintenance issues and present results.
- Tracks preventive maintenance and upgrade requirements.
- Participates in the review and prioritization of support issues.
- Provides ideas and process to increase overall efficiency of the department and of the company.
- Drives the company’s vision to develop and be the best support organization in the industry.
- 50-60% travel.
- Diploma in electrical technology, ASTT, or equivalent trade experience in control systems and software preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an industrial equipment environment working with sawmill processing machinery.
- Demonstrated experience in diagnosing, repairing and solving system/equipment with a practical and hands on approach.
- Good understanding of PLC systems - programming and troubleshooting.
- Mechanical aptitude with an ability to troubleshoot issues.
- Familiarity with, and troubleshooting capability for, hydraulic and pneumatic components and systems.
- Ability to travel to customer sites locally throughout the U.S. and Canada.
- Must possess a valid passport and driver’s license.
- Superior communication and listening skills to resolve customer problem.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including integrity, courtesy, tact, teamwork, respect and discretion.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven customer oriented skills in a service environment.
- Able to quickly build and maintain rapport with others.
- Ability to adapt to a fast changing environment and work well under pressure.
- Operational planning and organizational abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to meet commitments and able to establish workload priorities.
- Interest in expanding skills base to include cross training in applications.
If you are interested in this job and have the required skills, please submit your resume in MS Word to info@TopWoodJobs.com
You will not hold Top Wood Jobs responsible for our contacting and relaying reference checks to our clients. Supply a cover letter in reference to the job(s) you are applying for. Only candidates that meet the job qualifications will be contacted, but we will hold on to your resume if submitted for future possible jobs.
We are committed to making employment decisions that are fair and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetics, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected under law. Top Wood Jobs refers candidates and it is up to the employer to make all employment decisions.
Job through www.TopWoodJobs.com